Saturday, May 18, 2024

Midlife Crisis

 Oh yeah. Here we are. All this life around me. 

I once thought marriage is for the lame ones. Thought kids are pointless really and I was pretty confident of my opinion that one should not have them, unless absolutely necessary. Getting married was not very encouraged either.

I now have two boys. Three kids to raise, and a pet - don't ask. Not to mention the half-a-dozen adults to make me suffer through it all. 

I now have debt to pay. Money to earn. Wealth to build and a reputation to maintain. I have to think about the economy and the hierarchy; a SWOT on my life is not very obvious anymore.

I now have worries and troubles; concerns so real, they give me sleepless nights almost on a weekly basis.

I now have women to manage, relationships to maintain, lessons to teach and more to learn.

I now have big conflicts to resolve; small conflicts to build upon. Challenges to overcome and legacies to think about.

I now have responsibilities and attachments that will drown me if I blink for a goddamn second. That is what I have.

Trust me, some of it is even worthwhile.

No comments: