Monday, September 14, 2009

Operating in an exam

After I finished writing my last exam, I made a resolution that, in case I pass, I am going to write an article on exams and the operational tips to avoid flunking them. But then, I had to know something which I did differently from others.

So now I think about it and realize that I can’t recollect anything which I did as a specialty. Then how did I pass out the exam in which people who, I believe, work more than me and who are more alert than me. The core of this question is ‘How did I study?’ or ‘How many days/ How much did I study?’ I didn’t count the number of people who asked me this question but many did.

I did not study as much as many people think I did. I am not as intelligent as many people think I am either. I don’t work hard by any means and for me discipline is bullshit. But I am clever in my own ways and studied logically. All I really had, or tried to have, is a good commitment as to what I was studying and the schedule I prepared. The best thing about preparing a time table was that though I never really completed any of my targets, I did well enough. In the end, it was just enough to clear the papers.

If that was not enough, ill tell some real time tips, not the kind you will hear from your parents!

1. Attempt all the questions whether you know the answer or not. No one can give you less than zero marks for an answer, whatever the shit you write.

2. Manage your time in the exam. Divide the total marks (like 100) with the whole exam minutes (like 180) and you’ll get the number of minutes you can spare on each mark. So for a 10 mark question, if you spend more than 15 or 18 minutes, you are out of the race.

3. Forget the decorations. Keep your formatting and organizing to the basic. Concentrate on the damn subject matter.

4. Write spaciously. This makes up for your scratches and your fucked up hand writing.

5. Write the question numbers correctly and verify them at the end. Crucial.

6. If you don’t do well in an exam, don’t fool yourself by thinking that it’s over. Forgive yourself and start preparing for the next exam.

7. Black ink looks good only in your notes. Use blue.

8. The most important thing about any theory paper is grammar and vocabulary. Not the length of the answers. Even the subject matter comes second.

3 comments:

abhi said...

hehehe vry nice 1 ra..... gud advices 2 take on

NEMI said...

ache advices hai par apun kya karte pata nahi......sala sab follow nahi kar pate........

Unknown said...

hmmm na fa xam mundhu chadvithe naku emana use ayi undedi bt e esari pakkatry chestha ra e process......