Monday, May 27, 2013

The Wait

Waiting for you
On this open terrace
Looking at the stars and thinking of you

Listening to your voice
And your noise and thinking of you

Lights around me glittering like stars
Too many stars staring at me, wondering what I am waiting for
I am looking down on one such light and thinking of you

I am hungry and sleepy
I am everything you blame me to be
Yet I am there on that cement terrace and thinking of you

It’s too dirty to sit and my legs are too tired to stand.
But your voice is too sweet to miss
And you, too stubborn to give in
I am thinking of words to curse you and thinking of you.

The stars are tired of me staring
Waiting for me is the world to delight in
And I don’t boost of a strong resolve either
Yet I am still listening to your voice and your noise
And waiting for you..

No comments: