Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Of Secret Santas and Cancelled tours.

What is it that we gain by giving something? Why is it that we feel happy when someone else is happy with something we give. I need to study this more. Secret Santa happened. I dealt with it. I wasn't against it. It was not religious; it was like an excuse for celebration, like a birthday or a new year. Anyways, anything to break the routine I guess.

Goa – The beach and the booze. How much I need it. We had a good plan to go, Goa and gone. But there was a problem. I was the only one in for the gone part. The others were not interesting enough. My mind has a very 'pure' idea of Goa. I couldn't pollute it by associating it with people who can't do enough, can't take a different path or walk a bit crooked for the heck of it. People think they can decide right or wrong based on what they were told in schools and at home. I'd rather stay home than tolerate that. Backed out of it. Tour cancelled.

No comments: