Friday, January 9, 2015

Suicide

My favourite football club, FCB, is playing like shit these days. Nolan's Interstellar is not the biggest hit ever. I ate too much and the toilets in this train smell. See, I have my problems. Doesn't mean I am going to end my life. I will fight against all such odds, but too much cold is the limit, this winter had better be nice. Anyways, why not. What is so wrong with suicide? Let me play the devil's advocate, thanks for the claps.

No, I am not totally insane (only selectively). I know that suicide is stupid. And that is the major reason you shouldn't commit it. Although it's your wish to whether die or not (depending on how much you love your loved ones), it is pretty dumb. After all, there is nothing else out of this. This is the only time you will not be a stone or dirt or any other form of matter. You are alive, able to move by all by your free will. That is awesome enough. Really, life is all the inspiration we need to live (apart from some music and beer) and you really are dumb if you want to give up this cool thing going on for you. The only thing worse than a man killing himself would be a man killing himself believing that he will live in some other form or shape after that.

Now that I have said that and ensured that I will not be considered a psycho with an agenda for suicide, I will fine-tune the topic a bit. Let us consider - what could be a valid reason to consider ending it all? I know, let's just put it out there. Losing everything like money, friends & family may not be valid. Something horrible happening, like a murder or such of your closest people, all your life's achievements taken away, your trust broken in the worst possible way. If you didn't do anything your whole life, didn't have the courage to face hardship, didn't have anything to start with and the same story of billions. No. All the more reason to stay and change it. What you lost is sunk cost and all the sadness and weeping aside, you can do nothing about it but live and try to achieve more of it later. That would be the best-case scenario. At the very least, you can make the most of the misery by laughing at it all (Bukowski?) Therefore, in most cases, there is no excuse for suicide if you are rational.

I am not talking of laws and morals here. Our laws are the reason some people believe dictatorship is better than democracy (Yes, such people exist). Laws should not matter as long as you aren't hurting someone else and morals don't apply if you are alone in a jungle. If you are considering suicide, that is where you are for all practical purposes.

We live towards a goal, happiness mostly (which popularly means money). Some live towards sacrifice and achievement. It is also a combination. Similarly for me. The fact that I am doing something, enjoying myself while I am around, meaning something to someone else. These things keep me going. But for how long. Let's say I peak, live happily and all that stuff for a long time. But, there will be a point when I am old, when all that I am going to achieve is already achieved by me or I fucked up and missed it in the quest. Let's say I am not really enjoying myself either, what with all the fucked-up aches in my body at old age, and I may or may not have anyone around I'd like to take care of either. At that stage, I am not going to get any younger or better and importantly, I will not have anything to look forward to except bedtime with diseases and struggle against time for the sake of it. In this case, what should I prefer? Should I stay because it sets a bad example? Because it is against the law? Because it makes less of my legacy? Because it is immoral? Tell you what, I don't give a shit about what others think or do after I am dead (not that I care too much now either). And any law out there is just someone else's opinion as long as I don't hurt anyone else. As I say, I don't care about opinions (especially opinions of groups). If it comes to that, if I happen to be at that cross road, I will simply die knowing that I am happy at that moment. That I lived well, through good and bad, and I came out happy. What else can a man ask for? That would be a good end to my life. I will choose not to go through the pain of slow death and helplessness of old age and loneliness of being all by myself. If things are good even without me, I guess my time would be up. The party will be over and it will be time to sleep. Why would I live when there is nothing left for me?

I would rather be dust than endure pain for the sake of living.

I do not like stereotypes.

Ps: I still maintain that a person wanting to die should have a right to do so in any scenario. However dumb it may be on his part, it is his decision. If he can't bring his own light to the darkness, no one can on his behalf. At least not when he isn't bothered about the light

No comments: