Friday, July 23, 2021

Some Evenings

Some evenings are made to smoke a cigarette and think in
Some evenings, to work away
Some evenings are to watch a good film
Some evenings, like this one, are made to drown in

So I drown in this one, cos' it seems like the perfect one
I will drown in this one and I won’t care where I will resurface
I will resurface somewhere my future meets my fate
I will resurface where fate seems to interest me again

But I promise, I won’t judge fate when it shows up
I only ask that it show up with a twinkle in an eye
Something worth a background score
I won’t ask for too much, just not another bore

Some evenings, I feel like I’ve grown too old
I wrap up between the sheets, to rest my bones
I sometimes lie awake, thinking of old times
I sometimes sleep like a baby, assured of times to come

Some evenings, I am just happy with what I have
I smile and dance at the fortune that I am
I don’t bother sleeping, I don't even yawn
I stay up late, dancing to the dawn

And what about the times whiled away on Goan beaches
Crying to sunsets and trying to save small fish
These fish, they escaped too late
So they struggle on the sands, waiting for redemption or death

It feels like there is a part of me in them
Afraid that this is already it
Yet there is hope and I seek it
Dreams so big, I can't even speak it

Anyways, I drift around these evenings
Living in the moment is a cheap thrill it seems
There are achievements still to come by
More important things, did pass by

1 comment:

Abhishek Tripathi said...

Awesome. Intense and evocative.