Sunday, July 11, 2021

The Same?

Someone said after looking at an old FB post, "The fucker looks the same as five years back"

Of course, that's the advantage of setting up a low bar. No hair to shed and not much weight to lose.
I still prefer black tees nor is the expression on my face in need of changing. The same equanimous smile year after year. Despite all that happened over the years and decades. Equanimous? Indifferent?  Whatever.

The point remains - in many ways, it's more of the same the more it changes. Life is just not the same from years back. Priorities changed. People changed. Experiences changed and places changed. Maybe not the places - I still haven't relocated to the South Goan beaches, there is time for that yet. Damn but, what has really changed? Fundamentally?

There were people who'd light up my face with a silly expression a decade back. I used to think losing them would be a tragedy. Turns out, not really. Call me an asshole but losing people doesn't hurt, not as much as people make out. The trick is to listen to a lot of Alan Watts.

That FB pic has such a crazy-fuck back story, that even I am surprised at how little an impact the whole episode had on me. It is but a small glitch in the matrix of a very secured life so far, despite all the drama that I may portray.

And new people have taken up old places to fill in the voids with better than expected outcomes. not to brag but I am too chilled out to take the changes too seriously, not when there isn't much lost on the balance. You may call me selfish but I will call out your hypocrisy and we will end up with another argument with unsatisfactory conclusions. Not worth it. So we will just say I am awesome for moving on swiftly.

Flowing like water, eh.



No comments: